Monday 23 June 2014

'it's not the time in your life, it's the life in your time...'

hi guys,

I have a bit more time than usual atm, ergo this post, last updated 24/12/11.

I try to squeeze as much as I can into my life. I doubt I will have another opportunity.

I've been so sick of facebook being slow, at least here I can write at a comfortable speed, rather than have to put up with a frozen screen. aka 'negative reinforcemen't, I'm doing something to remove a negative.

These days I've picked up a few extra recreational activities - kayak fishing mainly.


There's a squid in that box, the largest I've caught yet. These little animals squirt die when they break the surface. I've been sprayed a few times but no direct hits yet !

I'm into my third year of kayaking. it fits in well with the Adelaide aquatic lifestyle - beaches, swimming, fishing, crabbing, snorkelling, sight-seeing ... yabbying - Yum !

We would like to turn our Dreams to Reality right ?

My kayak dream is to put a fish finder on it in order to start exploring reefs. there's a further idea to obtain a scuba diving licence - my yak is known as a 'stable dive platform', for scuba diving. the bee's knees is to put an air compressor on it and dive to 12 metres. there is a compressor that floats and has 3 hours air in it, which I'll find out about at an up and coming boating exhibition.

To bring you up to speed on my 'log of fitness activities', I try to do something every day - run one day, swim the next, with a recovery day before a swimming competition I'm doing. The competition is the Vorgee  Aerobic Swimming Award, it's a national competition of 62 timed swims and an optional 1500 metre butterfly swim. I came 8th in Oz one year, in my age-group. I have completed all swims 5 times, and took last year off. Last week I swam 400 'fly, taking 1.30 off my previous time. This week I'm attempting an 800 'fly. It will be arduous but do-able.  Part of the reason I'm doing it is to eventually, in November, set state records in 400 and 800 'fly.

Running is an interesting thing. I'm not quite sure which events I'm aiming for, masters games comes to mind. I managed 94 metres in 13 seconds, reaching 32 kph. I had to give up to work on selling my house. Now that it's sold I've been able to start again.

Otherwise I'm in 4 bands, 3 on bass and on sousa in a marching band. that keeps me busy several times a week, and I get to learn and play some amazing music.

That might do for today. Take-away message ? Dream big and work on it.

Cheers dears !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment